On January 29th Ronan Lynch led a class on common Bitcoin wallet software and exchange services. Here is a PDF with slides from Ronan’s presentation. The material covers:
- How to generate a secure password? What’s entropy and why is it important? What’s a password manager?
- How to sign up to an exchange?
- What is an exchange? Why are the prices different on different exchanges? Which are the most common/liquid exchanges and factors to be aware of?
- Which wallets are available/can I use to store coins?
- How do I make paper backups/offline wallets?
- What’s a BIP?
- What’s cryptography and what’s it got to do with Bitcoin?
- Practical financial considerations from a Bitcoin perspective such as trade accounting.