A practical Bitcoin knowledge demo. The class will be based around demos of some common Bitcoin wallet, software and exchange services.
The material will cover:
- How to generate a secure password? What’s entropy and why is it important? What’s a password manager?
- How to sign up to an exchange?
- What is an exchange? Why are the prices different on different exchanges? Which are the most common/liquid exchanges and factors to be aware of?
- Which wallets are available/can I use to store coins?
- How do I make paper backups/offline wallets?
- What’s a BIP?
- What’s cryptography and what’s it got to do with Bitcoin?
- Practical financial considerations from a Bitcoin perspective such as trade accounting
- What’s all the fuss about transaction malleability thats hitting the news?
Ronan Lynch will lead this class with the help of other community members. Thanks and looking forward to seeing you there.